ETP Methodoligies Work

1:50 PM / Posted by Unknown /

Our next free career management training session is in Manhattan on September 28, 2010 - Register now

Speaking of whether Empowering Today's Professionals methodologies actually work, as taught in our book "Win the Race for 21st Century Jobs", our weekly training calls and monthly training meetings, Jersey Shore Networking Group leader and software engineer, Tom Kenny, shares a glimpse into results he has achieved.  Tom has remained a very active ETP member whether in a transition job search or gainfully employed. This what smart savvy ETP members do.

Tom explains the results in his own words . . .

"Teaching my first Computer Science (CS111) course at Georgian Court was fantastic!

I covered all the material I had planned. I wasn't aware of it previously but last night I discovered I have a skill for detecting when students are disengaging and how to pull their attention back. I've been told by many friends that I'm a great teacher and I could see that in myself last night.

Of course, I'll still keep my high paying day job, but it's great to be developing an alternate source of income and strengthening my career back up plan.

Yesterday my current manager joked about how in a few short years I've gone from being unemployed to over-employed. He also stated that he wish he had the foresight, like I have, to develop a long term career plan.

I also met up with a couple of my former fellow graduate students who teach at Brookdale as well as OCC and are ready to make introductions there when I wish. I guess I'm always networking :-)

I'm sure both ETP and Toastmasters have greatly contributed toward my success of procuring the position and the effectiveness of being an Adjunct Professor.

Overall it was a great night toward a new chapter for the CEO of Me, Inc!"

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment